Re: Help about installing NetBSD on a VAXstation 4000/90 (Cougar)

Den 2018-04-28 kl. 06:36, skrev Silas:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 09:47:55AM +0300, Anders Magnusson wrote:
These instructions are quite correct, even somewhat ancient.
A few notes:
- No need to have the boot program converted to mop format, on (modern) NetBSD mopd will take care of that. - If you want to convert it to mop format, there is a command mopcopy that will do it for you.

Ensure that you have set the correct MAX accress in the lonk to the boot program.

Yeah, the problem was that I didn't have the file (or a symlink) with the MAC address as the name.  After reading the documentation, I misunderstood it was optional.  After I created the symlink after you and others have pointed, it worked fine. Now I'll resume the setup on the next days.
Great!

One question: is there any reason on why CD-ROM booting doesn't work out of the box if (apparently) the architecture supports booting from a CD-ROM?
No, it should "just work". And it seems to work for you, but the console output apparently ends up somewhere else?

-- Ragge