Perfboard computers, VAX and others - Re: About support for rtVAX300

On 14/01/13 9:04 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 01/14/2013 08:29 AM, Toby Thain wrote:
The light at the end of the tunnel is still very small and dark to this
time..

Actually, it looks to me as if you've gotten impressively far in a short
time!  :)

I agree. Great work, Holm. It's happening fast enough that it's actually
exciting to watch.

   I was just thinking the same thing. :-)  I may have to yank my
rtVAX-300 off of this VME board (it's socketed) and put it on a piece of
perfboard or something. :)

               -Dave

We need a support group for "people who dream of building SBC's". I have a couple of J11's sitting around, and a dozen Transputers. I'd love to learn enough electronics, and have enough spare time, to build the support circuitry and run them.

In the meantime, though, it was a thrill to see NetBSD 1.4.1 netboot on my MicroVAX II a few months ago.

--Toby