Re: About support for rtVAX300

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013, Holm Tiffe wrote:
So ist should be ok to use that:

scb_vecalloc(0x2c0, (void (*)(void *)) scnintr, sc,
                       SCB_ISTACK, &sc->sc_intrcnt);

for the SCN2681 (if the hardware supports this)?

I couldn't tell you. As I said, I've never done any NetBSD kernel
hacking.

Since the NIC is doing nothing, is it possible that INTs aren't
activated at all in the moment?

It is possible that the bootstrap has shut the SGEC down so that it
isn't scribbling all over memory while NetBSD is trying to size the
system.

Since there seems to be no external intmask logic on the rtVAX (at least
there is nothing documented), enabling the IPLs with MFPR/MTPR should be
enough already? (splx?)

Bear in mind that there may be some stuff on the device external to the
rtVAX.
--
roger ivie
rivie%ridgenet.net@localhost