Re: rtVAX300 .. adding an CPU Type..

On 01/04/2013 11:21 AM, Mouse wrote:
Is it using MTPR for console communications?
No.  Its console communication scheme is relatively well-known; between
Holm's efforts and mine, we've found the code in the ROMs which speaks
to the console.  It turns out to be pretty simple, just a little glue
logic in front of a 2681 (or very similar workalike).

Isn't that the same as in the VXT2000? In that case you could look at OpenBSD, they have support for the serial chip added. I have never fixed support for the VXT2000 in NetBSD even though I have one, since I could not get break to work over the serial console so it became a little bit too tedious to do it :-)

-- Ragge