Port-sun3 archive

Re: Port help wanted/needed?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, John Carr wrote:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:46:04PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
What's the latest on 3/50 support, by the way? I remember a thread from
about '05 or so that mentioned that either miniroot or the INSTALL kernel
was too big now to boot. Has anyone even attempted it?
        The 3/50 has IIRC its framebuffer at 1MB, so the kernel size is
        very constrained. Could you try building a kernel with just
        about everything disabled for the 3/50?

Sure thing. I lent it away a few years ago, but I can get it back over
the weekend to give it a try. This one is a stock 3/50 minus the extra 8Mb
board. We'll see what we can do with only 3Mb to work with. I remember
the last time I did get a kernel booting on it (GENERIC, no less) a few
years ago, it was swapping by the time it hit the login prompt.

        I think its worth adding a SUN350 kernel config to the tree.
        I'm curious to see how much free memory we can get :)