Port-sun3 archive

Re: Port help wanted/needed?

John Carr wrote:

> Since I've been running NetBSD/sun3 for 5+ years now, I'd like to throw
> my hat in the ring to help out the port where I can. While I know of the
> list at http://www.netbsd.org/contrib, I'd like to get an idea where I
> can help out on the port that will be the most effective based on what
> other folks are doing.
>
> While I can't code (sadly, never had time to learn), I have an admin
> and security background and can, if nothing else, run -current, run 5.0,
> document, etc. I have a 3/60 and access to a 3/50 and can, of course,
> run tme somewhere, if needed.

It's appreciated to simply try 5.0_BETA GENERIC kernel on your 3/60.
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5/200901210002Z/sun3/

(it will work even on 4.0.1 userland, without full upgrade)

After 4.0, I added bus_dma(9) support to sun3 and made si(4) SCSI
use bus_dma(9) API, but it was only tested on si(4) at at vme
on TME emulating 3/1x0, and AFAIK there is no report about
si(4) at obio on 3/60.
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/port-sun3/2007/02/oindex.html

(no one has noticed that even 4.0.1 GENERIC didn't boot on 3/60
 until you reported it...)
---
Izumi Tsutsui