Port-sun3 archive

Re: Port help wanted/needed?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, John Carr wrote:

What's the latest on 3/50 support, by the way? I remember a thread from
about '05 or so that mentioned that either miniroot or the INSTALL kernel
was too big now to boot. Has anyone even attempted it?

(and yeah, I'm guessing the amount of folks out there trying to use
NetBSD on a 3/50 is probably down to about 1 at the most, but I'm
curious)
to even boot

        The 3/50 has IIRC its framebuffer at 1MB, so the kernel size is
        very constrained. Could you try building a kernel with just
        about everything disabled for the 3/50?