Re: sun4m cgfourteen sx wscons issues

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:03:43 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/netbsd.poteen.gz
> this one does a little more explicit hardware setup ( on the cg14 side
> ) instead of relying on OBP.

Same symptoms as before. However there is an interesting new line in dmesg:
sx0: architecture rev. 27 chip rev. 0

> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/netbsd.poteen.no_sx.gz
> same thing, without sx. Just to see if the issues you're seeing are
> caused by the cg14 or by the acceleration code. I'm fairly sure it's
> the latter but since I can't reproduce it I have to make sure.

That one panics and gives me a "db>" prompt. Output is attached. I didn't
upload a core dump, because i have no swap partition, and in hope you could
make sense of the debuggers bt. Tell me if a coredump is necessary.

Another thing: Wscons doesn't come up on the screen when i set output-device
and input-device to a serial port in OBP. Instead the screen shows a
checkerboard pattern. I guess that at least the first part is normal behaviour
but i thought i'd mention it.

- Victor