Re: sun4m cgfourteen sx wscons issues

Hello,

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 17:04:57 +0200
victor%bubbleverse.eu@localhost wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 08:32:52 -0400
> Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Mine's in r1280x1024x66 since that's the monitor's native resolution.
> > Let me see if I can reproduce the problem, or at least find any
> > significant differences between your hardware and mine ( my SS20 has
> > hypersparc CPUs, more memory and a bunch of SBus cards, but none of
> > that should have any impact. There are different cg14 variants though,
> > I wonder if any of those need special treatment somewhere )
>
> Could a different version of OBP have any impact?

It shouldn't.

> Switching virtual consoles works. Regardless of the video mode, every second
> glyph is missing.

So the blank columns stay blank and stay where they are?

I just booted my ss20, it's running in r1280x1024x66, no problems whatsoever.
The kernel it's been running is here:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/netbsd.poteen.gz
Please try it, if it works at least I know there's something I overlooked when
committing the code.

have fun
Michael