Re: sun4m cgfourteen sx wscons issues

Hello,

thanks for the pictures!

> I just tested different video modes by setting output-device to screen:mode
> in OBP. With r1024x768x60, r1024x768x70, scrolling works. With r1280x1024x66
> and r1280x1024x76m it doesn't.

Mine's in r1280x1024x66 since that's the monitor's native resolution.
Let me see if I can reproduce the problem, or at least find any
significant differences between your hardware and mine ( my SS20 has
hypersparc CPUs, more memory and a bunch of SBus cards, but none of
that should have any impact. There are different cg14 variants though,
I wonder if any of those need special treatment somewhere )

Is your VSIMM actually an 8MB one or did the driver misdetect it? I've
got one of each but I don't think I messed with the 4MB module lately.

> Thank you for your help so far and the fast reply.

I wrote the code, I want to know what's going on.

Also, it might be worth to just start X and see if it produces similar
patterns. It should detect the cg14/sx without a config file, switch to
24bit etc.

One more thing, what happens when you try switching virtual consoles in
a mode where scrolling works right? ( Stop-F1..F5 )

have fun
Michael