Re: sun4m cgfourteen sx wscons issues

Hello,

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 23:33:56 +0200
victor%bubbleverse.eu@localhost wrote:

> i'm trying to get NetBSD-current running on a sparcstation 20 with cgfourteen
> framebuffer and sx vsimm module. According to this[1] there was some work
> done arround last year to support the sx.
>
> I haven't tried X yet, but wscons isn't useable. It seems that every second
> glyph is missing on the screen and scrolling doesn't work.

This is odd, last time I tried ( that was a few months ago ) it worked just
fine.
Your log shows an 8MB VSIMM, which is what I'm using. Does this happen
with a non-MP kernel as well? ( just to rule it out, right now I can't
really think of anything that could cause this )

Hmm. All drawing is done through the SX, so if some glyphs show up
we're at least feeding it correctly and it's scribbling into actual
video memory. I assume the kernel is a stock GENERIC.MP from netbsd.org?
Any chance you could send me a picture?

I also never tried it with SuperSPARC modules ( I have an SM71 here
somewhere ), maybe the MBus stalling needs extra work there ( SX is
supposed to stall the bus when its pipeline is full, that would explain
why the scrolling doesn't work but then I'd expect partially drawn
glyphs, at least with fonts taller than 8 pixels )
Does it manage to clear the screen on attach?

have fun
Michael