Re: boot partition (Was: install on PowerBook - no root partition defined)

Hi,

Martin Husemann wrote:
I tried almost the same setup, except for boot being FAT and not HFS.
But how to format it?
newfs_msdos(8) ?

bummer.. it is indeed present on the boot cd! The documentation implies that one cannot format msdos.

I did run "newfs_msdos /dev/rwd0a" but get "Read-onlly file system"

Did I partition wrong? I created:
a: MSDOS
b: 4.2BSD
c: unused
d: swao

is on the bootable CD or on the targetroot once installed an ofwboot.xcf file to copy over?

Riccardo