Re: boot partition (Was: install on PowerBook - no root partition defined)

Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/rwd0'
>  #:                type name      length   base      ( size )
>  1: Apple_partition_map Apple         63 @ 1
>  2:           Apple_HFS boot       20480 @ 64        ( 10.0M)
>  3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap     1048576 @ 20544     (512.0M) S1  SFS k0  (swap)
>  4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root   116141120 @ 1069120   ( 55.4G) S0 RUFS k0  /

I tried almost the same setup, except for boot being FAT and not HFS.
But how to format it?

I rebooted with the 10.4 install CD. I used the command line to format
it as msdos, since diskutility only allows it as HFS (or it remakes the
whole disk label).

I wonder that I cannot list (dir hd:0,\) in OF... but it is empty. How
knows.
If that proves too hard, I might try HFS.

I need to get into netbsd again and copy ofwboot.xcf in the bootp
artition, right? How to do that?

I thought of dual mounting from the installer cdrom both boot partitions
and copy it.

I don't know which partition it is, since disklabel doesn't see it.

Riccardo