install on PowerBook - no root partition defined

Hello,

I want to install NetBSD on a powerbook and it is proving a little bit
more tricky than expected.

To boot, the FAW section metnioging this complex command, does not work
for me:

I simply needed:
0 > boot cd:,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1 NETBSD.MACPPC;1

boot cd:,\OFWBOOT.XCF

I read that OF 3 (and thus I suppose "and later" 4.7) have a tricky disk
partitioning issue. I recreated (after killing it with disklabel first)
the partition map by booting into the Tiger CD and use its disk utility

I used pdisk to create a root and a swap partition, I did not create a
HFS or MSDOS partition. It is not totally clear from the instructions if
one is needed or not.

I did a newfs on wd0a. Then as written:

       # mkdir /mnt/etc
       # cat > /mnt/etc/fstab
       /dev/wd0a / ffs rw 1 1
       /dev/wd0b none swap sw 0 0

       # cd /
       # umount /mnt
       # exit

Thus, the basic seems to have wroked, the fstab file is there and looks
reasonable

Then
1) reinstall sets
2) select wd0

then I get:

"No root partition defined. Cannot continue"

What is going wrong? did I do something wrong?
I don't see errors in dmesg and don't know what it is expecting.

RIccardo
what is the installer not liking?