Re: The first reboot to hard drive after the CD-rom install failed

On 31/03/2020 22:37, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I know OF supports it, but AFAICT it has never been part of our installation
> procedure (and there are no traces in -current or older sysinst sources
> of it). So what am I missing? [Serious question - I have been trying to
> improve sysinst for macppc and mac68k (have some uncommited parts), but
> I obviously miss some parts of the big picture or some things don't work
> as they are supposed to that make this quite hard and fail empirical
> testing - so any hints welcome]
>
> Isn't the bootloader going into a special APM part and supposed to do all
> magic by itself?

If it is, great. My macppc experience has been that there would be a
file which OF either defaults to or one which you point to via the
boot-file variable to load rather than it reading a segment of the disk
at a special offset as on x86, hence why I thought that might be for the
MBR layout.

Do you have it working as such on your macppc hardware?

Sevan