Re: The first reboot to hard drive after the CD-rom install failed

Hello,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 03:46:30 -0400
Mark Grieveson <mark.grieveson%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello.  I used a CD-rom, created from NetBSD-9.0-macppc.iso, to install
> NetBSD onto an iBook G4.  The iBook G4 accessed the CD via the Open
> Firmware command, "boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc'' (as instructed
> in the manual).  I only have WiFi, so I did not enable any network
> connections.  I figured I could set up the WiFi later when I could
> install proper drivers for the Broadcom firmware of the iBook G4.
>
> Anyway, the install seemed to go well.  Everything was installed from
> the CD-rom, which had the full sets on it.  It finished and I was told
> by it to reboot to the OS now on the hard drive.  But, instead, it went
> to the Open Firmware prompt of the iBook G4 (the little icon that
> changes back and forth into a question mark). I'm not sure how to fix this.

You need to put the boot loader ( ofwboot.xcf ) somewhere where
OpenFirmware can find it, probably your OSX partition.
With that in place you can just boot hd:ofwboot.xcf <kernelname>

have fun
Michael