Re: The first reboot to hard drive after the CD-rom install failed

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:21:55PM +0100, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

> On 31/03/2020 21:55, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > MBR on macppc?
>
> Yes, it's supported by OpenFirmware. I have a clamshell iBook G3 which
> is setup this way.

I know OF supports it, but AFAICT it has never been part of our installation
procedure (and there are no traces in -current or older sysinst sources
of it). So what am I missing? [Serious question - I have been trying to
improve sysinst for macppc and mac68k (have some uncommited parts), but
I obviously miss some parts of the big picture or some things don't work
as they are supposed to that make this quite hard and fail empirical
testing - so any hints welcome]

Isn't the bootloader going into a special APM part and supposed to do all
magic by itself?

Martin