Re: The first reboot to hard drive after the CD-rom install failed

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 03:14:15PM -0400, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> # pdisk -l /dev/rwd0c
>
> Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/rwd0c'
>  #:        type             name         length    base    (size)
>  1: Apple_partition_map      Apple              2  @  1
>  2: NetBSD/macppc          NetBSD  2147483647 @   4    (1024.0G)
>

> Device_block size=512, Number of Blocks=156301488 (74.5G)
> DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
>
> It appears the Apple partition map is quite small.

Yeah, it is a dummy, enough to hold the bootloader.
From the above I would expect something like

	boot hd:1

to work - but maybe the bootloader did not get installed?

(I tried to create a new bootable disk earlier when working on the installer,
but never managed to get it working, neither with the old netbsd-8 sysinst
nor my hacked new version - will revisit it sometime)

Can you also show the output of

	disklabel wd0

? You should be able to mount the NetBSD root partition from the install
CD and verify it has /ofwboot. Also something like:

	installboot /dev/rwd0c /usr/mdec/bootxx /ofwboot

should install the bootloader. You do not need ofwboot.xcf if you are booting
w/o HFS partition.

Martin