Re: dual CPU system hangs

Chris,

If you're using a G4 tower (which seems to be the case, since it's a dual proc
machine), you'd be better served by a product called "Stealth Serial Port" (or
something like that).

It turns your modem port into a serial port.

It's discontinued for a long time, but maybe you can get one on eBay.

That's what I use on my blue and white G3 so I have a serial console. The best
part is that you'd only need to set the input and output devices through
OpenFirmware and be all set! It's simple as that!

Cheers,
Flavio

Enviado via iPhone