Re: -current on PowerBook G4 667 (TiBook)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Michael wrote:

On Jul 9, 2012, at 9:40 PM, John D. Baker wrote:
I'll need to build a kernel with FORCE_FUNCTION_KEYS as no combination
of modifiers would change the brightness/volume control behavior.

That won't do anything, the brightness/volume button keys have their
own driver now which just posts pmf events. Fn-Functionkey gives you
the function keys.

That's what I was hoping for.  I tried every Fn-Fkey combination but
it sent brightness/volume controls regardless of whether or not I held
the Fn key down.  Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

the key combination "Fn-LCmd" is treated as though the power switch
was pressed.

This is weird, I'll see if I can reproduce that. Cmd-Fn-F[1-4] works
for switching virtual consoles here ( order is important though )

After my initial discovery, I didn't try any more combinations.  The
next time I do, I'll be sure to check the order.

width and height properties are 0x00000480 and 0x00000300 (1152x768).
ATY,Stone_B is 640x480.

Is there an 'EDID' property?

I think so.  I'll have to look again and copy it out.  I should be able
to retrieve it with 'ofctl -p', IIRC.

By default F11 and F12 act as middle and right button. You can change
that using sysctl, see adbkbd(4)

The NetBSD-macppc ports page and associated documents such as the
various FAQs appear to be out of date.  The material there is what
led me to what appear now to be false conclusions about default
behaviors.

Or you could just use a USB mouse.

True.  How and where the machine is typically used would make a
separate mouse inconvenient.  Hmm, maybe chop up a cheap USB mouse
and save only the buttons?