Re: Where's boot?

John Klos wrote:
I don't understand the "(2p)" part. Have you tried to set the sizes
explicitly as numbers of sectors?
That option of using 2p also in "Length in blocks", it is for the case of using the whole free space to create a partition, but I only did for test, because only doing as soon as gets to create a partition, be her of the type UNIX or HFS.

Hmmm... Are you saying that you think the problem might be that the
Apple Partition Map is still on the drive? I don't think that getting
rid of it will necesarily fix anything, but it might be worth a try.
I made the test, but it didn't work.

But same me trying to create a partition with more than 1gb, I still receive this message: The map is not big enough. Message that I receive also when trying to create a partition HFS with 4mb, I read in the internet that this is the minimum limit for this partition and I have faith that for the bootloader, be enough.

The table of partitions that I intended to create would be like this:
My HD has 10Gb of capacity.

1: Apple_HFS HFS - (4.0M) for bootloader.
2: Apple_UNIX_SVR2 - (9.0G)* for root partition (/).
3: Apple_UNIX_SVR2 - (128M) for swap.

* This size is just an approximate example of as it would be really.

But it is strange, I make everything certain, but even so the pdisk, emits that message and it doesn't create a personalized partition. I hope to come soon with an answer for this mysterious problem. I will try some other options, I don't know if I will have success, but...

I am thankful for your attention and patience. :)