Re: Keyboard layout problem under XFree86

Hello,

On Nov 30, 2008, at 2:43 AM, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:

I'm trying to adapt/configure my 'powerbook g4/500 titanium's keyboard
under XFree86. It's a german keyboard layout which works perfectly
under wscons with 'encoding de.nodead', even '@', '|' and '\' are
handled in the 'original' mac-way.

Under XFree86 I tried many config variations, best working was/is:

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Keyboard0"
       Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/wskbd0"
       Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
       Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
       Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
 EndSection

Beside some mis-mappings (guess this can be xmodmap corrected) the '^'
(and upper 'o') key does not produce an xev event!

-> Can someone enlight me how/where these keycodes are generated and
  how to fix this missing key's xev?

X has a table to translate ADB scancodes into something PC-like ( kind of AT without the multibyte sequences ), the table has been full of errors - I fixed what I could but I don't have a german ADB keyboard.
Anyway, please do this:
Have a look at sys/dev/adb/adb_keymap.h, find the keys that work in wscons but not in X, post the respective lines here - the scancode ( left column, 'KC(whatever)' ) and what it's supposed to do.
With that I can hopefully fix the translation table in X.

have fun
Michael