Keyboard layout problem under XFree86

Hi!

I'm trying to adapt/configure my 'powerbook g4/500 titanium's keyboard
under XFree86. It's a german keyboard layout which works perfectly
under wscons with 'encoding de.nodead', even '@', '|' and '\' are
handled in the 'original' mac-way.

Under XFree86 I tried many config variations, best working was/is:

 Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/wskbd0"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
        Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
  EndSection

Beside some mis-mappings (guess this can be xmodmap corrected) the '^'
(and upper 'o') key does not produce an xev event!

-> Can someone enlight me how/where these keycodes are generated and
   how to fix this missing key's xev?

Thanks in advance,

Markus.