Port-macppc archive

Re: How to access to Open Firmware via Null-modem?

Thank you (all of you)

I really think that  the problems is in the cable pinout because, reading
and trying all the possibilities the best thing I obtain in the minicom is

Welcome to minicom 2.3-rc1

OPCIONES: I18n
Compilado en Dec  9 2007, 12:37:36.
Port /dev/ttyS0
               Presione CTRL-A Z para obtener ayuda sobre teclas especiales

For this I've connect the adapter from Din-8 modem port in the Mac to Serial
DB-9 with a null-modem... If I connect only the adapter from Din-8 to DB-9 I
don't obtain anything.

My next check, the pinout!!! Here I go!

Michael, to connect from an E250 to a PC is necessary only a null-modem from
the DB-25 'A' port in the Sun to a DB-9 Serial port in the PC. The Din-8
port is only (I think) for the keyboard and mouse.

Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Hello,
> On Jan 2, 2008, at 09:09, R.D. Hammond wrote:
>> I use 38400 8N1 /TYPICALLY/ some four-fingered salutes will return
>> the mobo to its factory condition. I think 7 rounds of Meta+Alt+P+R
>> clears the PRAM of ALL settings. (Including current date/time and
>> total uptime, on some (?all) systems.) Then the meta+alt+O+F should
>> put you at the prompt. feq counters, silly-scopes can help narrow
>> it down, or a pair of headphones if you are really really good.
> ... and if that doesn't help unplug, take out the battery, hold the
> CUDA reset button for a minute or so, try again.
>> For The Record: My e250s have two single-channel DB25 DTE sockets.
> Some Suns have 8 pin mini DIN connectors, I used an adaptor made for
> Macs with one of those, that's why I asked, I had no idea what kind
> of connectors the E250 has ;)
>> Remember the Mac has differential RS422 (or better) signaling that
>> garantees voltage relative to ground at the transmitter,good for
>> backwards compatability OR long distance+highspeed.
> Reminds me - many Suns have jumpers on the mainboard to select RS422
> or RS232 signalling.
> have fun
> Michael
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)
> iQEVAwUBR3u7rspnzkX8Yg2nAQKzTwf/bdE7m7dLG+NrjpHuLLcDM3wkcyV+7d0Q
> qN/7OrNoos6Fy2T97z+ytz5VEPrq4grsrFnuYBf4dx4073JXRo2kBwJ4HhFal9yV
> RuCK6DjHoS861iVVprKggaWfI8/mO1s19CZFpHM4RKGcKEQJu1jGh/9H4v31EFJs
> BzWE1ZJdAoOW62Ic8L3oAzUrF4NCU4LttRLTNjugPCnz72zubcYcMIGdIF97IPTD
> EoMou/pyULLu+35f4Lh2rCtUae2SL+xX5N7zkWezTdKGebigDYNXLpOnv6N3DvOX
> MayTPQTmUTg0PPs8hTc6tQI17nyIO+bb22pNTT+kLTxgpGL3GU8W9Q==
> =Y5k2

Sent from the port-macppc mailing list archive at Nabble.com.