Port-macppc archive

How to access to Open Firmware via Null-modem?

Hi all

Well, this is my first post. First of all, my english is realy very bad, I
apologize for any error I'll write.

I have an old PowerMacintosh 9600 and I'm triying to install in it NetBSD.
When I try to access to the Open Firmware (Cmd+Alt+O+F) the screen doesn't
show anything. I've connected the Mac to a PC with a null-modem from the
modem 8-Pin connector on the Mac to the Serie port on the PC. I've
configured the minicom (38400 8N1) but, when I try to access again to Open
Firmware the terminal screen doesn't show anything.

Whats wrong? Maybe the null-modem cable? Wrong connector on the mac?

I've do something similar with a Sun's Enterprise 250 and works fine!

Thanks for all
Sent from the port-macppc mailing list archive at Nabble.com.