Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 8.0 on a Mac IIsi

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 07:04, Bjarne Bäckström <m9411%abc.se@localhost> wrote:

> 2 jan. 2019 kl. 15:15 skrev David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost>:
> >
> > There is just something about seeing old hardware running new software :)
> >
> > Mmmm... I wonder if netsurf (or dillo) would run on the IIsi....
>
>   Yea! I should have sent a special Thank You! to Martin Husemann also, for his patched Booter. It did its job splendidly on an 18GB HD.

I'm sure he'd be very happy to know that :) - Mmmm, I wonder if
everything has made it back into the tree and whether a pullup into -7
and -8 would make sense?

> Unfortunately, this IIsi too popped some capacitor(s) after having been off line while I was moving to a new apartment and celebrating Christmas and New Year. So, now I have three IIsi, two Performa 450 and one Portable awaiting ”recapping”, which will happen — sooner or later…

Its that age.... :/

>  I ran dillo on a Performa 450 under NetBSD 7.x, and I think it would run fine on a IIsi also, if given enough RAM.

There definitely seems to be a lack of actively developed lightweight
web browsers - netsurf looks like the closest match. (Of course you
can always use any old box as a X terminal and run Firefox/Chrome/etc
from a modern machine, but its just nice to be able to fire up
something native...

Thanks

David