Re: scsi freezing problem with NetBSD current

j>> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, David Ross wrote:

My understanding was that a lot of DMA on the TT030 is to ST-ram, but the SCSI DMA specifically does use TT-ram. Doing some quick digging, I found:
http://www.vanc.igs.net/~roughley/overview.htm#SCSI

Which says:

"The TT's SCSI direct-memory-access subsystem can send and receive information equally well, both from ST RAM and faster TT RAM, meaning that present and future software will be able to exploit SCSI peripherals efficiently."

There's a great archive of TT030 hardware info that may be useful as well:
http://dev-docs.atariforge.org/html/search.php?find=_4

        There is a comment in sys/arch/atari/dev/atari5380.c:

        /*
         * LWP: DMA transfers to TT-ram causes data to be garbled
         * without notice on some TT-mainboard revisions.
         * If programs generate mysterious Segmentations faults,
         * try enabling NO_TTRAM_DMA.
         */

        So, NetBSD is not currently using SCSI DMA to TT-ram.

        David just pointed out that NetBSD doesn't actually enable
        NO_TTRAM_DMA by default, so my above comment is bogus (sorry
        'bout that). Most of the rest of my email probably still made
        sense :)