Re: scsi freezing problem with NetBSD current

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

>        As a less invasic change it should be possible to adjust
>        scsi_dmaok() to return 0 in the CT63 accelerator case...

You're right, that way other systems are not affected by possible change.

>        Hmm, Does the standard falcon System RAM and TT RAM similar
>        to the TT030? If the standard falcon only has TT RAM then it
>        should not be too hard to change the DMA behaviour when an
>        accelerator with additional RAM is enabled.

Falcon can have up 14MB of ST-ram and 512MB (with CT60/63) of TT-ram. So,
standard Falcon has only ST-ram. I reckon that TT can have up to 12MB of
ST-ram and 256MB of TT-ram.

>        As a quick test could you try enabling DEBUG in
>        sys/arch/atari/pmap.c and recording the dmesg from a boot with
>        and without the CT63 enabled. I'm curious to see how the
>        detected memory banks differ? (David - a similar boot on
>        a TT030 could be interesting to compare)

Yes, here are links to dmesg files:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/CT63-netbsd-dmesg
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/Falcon-netbsd-dmesg

NetBSD current kernel with DEBUG enabled pmap.c:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/netbsd-current-atari-pmap_DEBUG-BOOT-20081029.gz

>        As an aside - NetBSD is always looking for more developers on
>        the less mainstream platforms :)

Well, I'm new to NetBSD, but I'm happy to offer any help I can :)

-Tuomo