Re: LG Nexus 5

On 2022-11-08 10:39, Nick Hudson wrote:
On 08/11/2022 08:18, Shao Miller wrote:
Good day, everyone.

Hi!

I seem to be fumbling around and unable to identify the correct manner for informing the kernel that particular identity-mapped memory-regions are special-purpose and ought not to be considered "free" nor "available."  I have tried 2 methods (and both together): 1. Manually adding them into arm_build_translation_table in sys/arch/arm/arm/armv6_start.S 2. Returning the entries via the DEVMAP_ENTRY macros as a struct pmap_devmap in my platform's .ap_devmap

Do you need to access these special memory regions during early boot
because both method above are aimed at this use case.

The memory regions are normally described in the FDT

/memory@80000000
    device_type = "memory"
    reg = <0 0x80000000 0x1 0>

with optional /reserved-memory areas

/reserved-memory
    #address-cells = <0x2>
    #size-cells = <0x2>
    ranges
/reserved-memory/mmode_resv0@80000000
    reg = <0 0x80000000 0 0x80000>

Perhaps you're missing the latter?

Nick

Good day, Nick.

I hunted for examples of anything resembling the latter but failed to find them. This seems likely.

Thank you for your kind reply and example, Nick!

- Shao Miller