Re: LG Nexus 5

On 2022-10-18 19:13, Shao Miller wrote:
On 2022-10-18 18:08, Chuck Silvers wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 08:40:54AM -0700, Shao Miller wrote:
Good day, NetBSD "core."

I am tinkering with porting NetBSD to:
- LG Nexus 5
- Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800
- Quad-core Krait 400
- https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hammerhead/

A Nexus 5 variant of EFIDroid permits NetBSD's bootarm.efi ("efiboot") to
run.

I read that this effort ought to be announced "here" and it was implied that
I ought to ask: Is anyone else attempting the same?

Thank you for your time.

- Shao Miller

Hi Shao,

I have not heard of anyone already working on this. you are pretty safe
working on a relatively old piece of arm hardware like this one.

To get help with any technical questions about making NetBSD work on
this hardware, or to share any progress you've made, you can use the
mailing list <port-arm%netbsd.org@localhost>.

Thanks!

-Chuck

Very well.  Thanks, Chuck.  - Shao

Has anyone any thoughts about a NetBSD font to use (in the kernel) with 1,080 pixels wide by 1,920 pixels high? I'm about ready to set something up in cn_tab in initarm() in sys/arch/evbarm/fdt/fdt_machdep.c

- Shao Miller