Re: LG Nexus 5

Good day, everyone.

I seem to be fumbling around and unable to identify the correct manner for informing the kernel that particular identity-mapped memory-regions are special-purpose and ought not to be considered "free" nor "available." I have tried 2 methods (and both together): 1. Manually adding them into arm_build_translation_table in sys/arch/arm/arm/armv6_start.S 2. Returning the entries via the DEVMAP_ENTRY macros as a struct pmap_devmap in my platform's .ap_devmap

What arm32_kernel_vm_init outputs is a "Free Memory" range (from 0x00A70000 through 0xFFFFDFFF) that seems to include these memory-regions; the memory-regions I'm concerned about are near the top of this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I seem to be struggling to find, please?

Thank you for your time.

- Shao Miller

P. S. I did need to write a miniature font and rendering code due to a desire to get feedback prior to the automatic framebuffer setup that Jared McNeill kindly noted. It's "tinyfont" at a popular online source-code host, just in case anyone might ever find it useful for early framebuffer work while porting to hardware lacking serial.