Re: constraints on rbus_min_start?

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:56:55 -0500
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > On a more pragmatic and more immediate note, what should I set it
> > to > manually?  I have a 3G machine; I haven't yet found a setting
> > that will > avoid messages like these in dmesg:
> > > cbb0 at pci6 dev 0 function 0: Ricoh 5C476 PCI-CardBus bridge
> > > (rev. 0xba)
> > cbb0: can't map socket base address 0xf8300000
> > cbb0: can't map socket base address 0xffffffff804e8a0f: io mode
> > cbb0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16 (irq 10)
> > cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2007/11/27/0021.html

The good news is that that let the slots be recognized and mapped.  The
bad news is that devices aren't working.  The worse news is that one of
them -- my infamous EVDO card, about which more in another thread --
caused a panic...

Diagnostic output I added says that the size of the rbus area was .75GB,
starting at 3.25GB.  In other words, it overlaps the entire PCI hole.
Is that right?

Here's the kernel printout when I inserted that card:

ohci0 at cardbus0 function 0: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
ohci0: interrupting at 10
ohci0: OHCI version 15.15, legacy support
ohci0: unsupported OHCI revision
ohci0: init failed, error=4
ohci1 at cardbus0 function 1: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
ohci1: interrupting at 10
ohci1: OHCI version 15.15, legacy support
ohci1: unsupported OHCI revision
ohci1: init failed, error=4
uvm_fault(0xffffffff80c2daa0, 0x0, 1) -> e

(It's nice to be able to get crash dumps again...)  I haven't yet
managed to persuade gdb to give me a backtrace.

When I tried a compact flash disk, I was told "card appears to have
bogus CIS".  It behaves just fine on an i386.

Suggestions for where to look next?