Re: constraints on rbus_min_start?

I am confused about the rbus area.  On some machines (Thinkpad 600E),
rbus_min_start has to be 512 MB, and this seems to have something to do
with the processor not addressing > 1GB.

I have been under the impression that the PCI memory space was in
physical addresses, and that rbus_min_start was in virtual.  But I have
never really been clear on this.

  When I tried a compact flash disk, I was told "card appears to have
  bogus CIS".  It behaves just fine on an i386.

I think this is different from "bad rbus_min_start".  On my T60, cardbus
cards work fine with rbus_min_start auto-sized to 2 GB (2 GB ram in it),
even one of those pesky EVDO cards, vz and sprint.  But pcmcia cards
lose with a similar message to yours.