Port-alpha archive

Re: XFree86 on Digital PWS600au

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016, the wise Michael Kronsteiner wrote:

Xdecnetbsd is afaik only good for (turbochannel?) framebuffer devices, usually named P***. maybe your old card falls under this supported models. do you use arm or alphabios? this might also make a difference.

its like falling out of a long sleep again, as you can see there is not much action on this list

The original Powerstorm 4D60T isn't supported by any X version afaik, that's why I replaced it for a Matrox G450PCI, which was supported 10 years ago.

The machine boots from an SRM console, BSD cannot boot from AlphaBIOS (which was for WinNT only).

--
Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas"
until you are told that those rooms are "punched out."  Once punched out,