Port-alpha archive

Re: XFree86 on Digital PWS600au

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, the wise Michael Kronsteiner wrote:

does your console look like "drawn" characters or more like simple text mode? drawn is framebuffer, text mode is no graphics driver loaded "fallback" mode

Doesn't look like framebuffer to me, just typical console text.

see?

maybe using it simple as VGA framebuffer does the trick. no accelleration then though.

Maybe I should try this first.

But I get the feeling that I'm missing something on this system. It doesn't have the normal Xorg/Xfree86 installed but X is a symlink to "XdecNetBSD", and there isn't a config file and it lokks like there are no drivers installed in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules.

--
Is this really happening?