Port-alpha archive

Re: XFree86 on Digital PWS600au

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, the wise Michael Kronsteiner wrote:

does netbsd boot into framebuffer mode? if so, running X should be as easy as "startx" using wscons / ws framebuffer driver.

I don't know, it boots into the console and I try to start X with startx.

if not you have to specify driver module for X, iE if your machine boots into normal text mode.

First thing I would like to do is to create a config file but have no idea how. "X -configure" doesn't work and there is no XF86Config or XF86Setup script on the system.

in case of doubt, try another (as simple as possible) graphics card

Yeah, but the Matrox is the only PCI card I have lying around, and it did work 10 years ago.

--
What you see is from outside yourself, and may come, or not, but is beyond
your control.  But your fear is yours, and yours alone, like your voice, or