Port-alpha archive

XFree86 on Digital PWS600au

Hi,

I revived a PWS600au, mainly for fun. NetBSD 7.0.1 runs fine but now I'd like to try X on it. I replaced the Powerstorm 4D60T for a Matrox G450PCI. This computer had a working X on FreeBSD/alpha about 10 years ago.

Entering startx results in:

_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListener: failed to create listener for local

waiting for X server to begin accepting connections unable to get frame buffer info: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Fatal server error:
no screens found

giving up
xinit: Connection refused (errno 61): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

I thought this could be because of a missing XF86Config file, but entering X -configure doesn't work on my alpha.

Does anyone know what to do from here to make X work on a PWS?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

--
Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who
will get the blame.