Re: mktool support for fetch

* On 2024-10-07 at 05:22 BST, John Nemeth wrote:

    So, use it then.  Nobody is stopping you.  This is about
pushing it on others, and possibly stifling development of portable
tools.

I've been trying hard not to get involved in this thread, but this is utter FUD bullshit that I can't let go.

Nobody (and I encourage you to prove me wrong!) has done more for pkgsrc performance, portability, and correctness than myself over the past 12+ years, and it is so incredibly insulting to insinuate that I now want to go in the completely opposite direction and pursue an anti-portability agenda. You clearly haven't been paying attention, nor read the patch.

If you guys put even a tenth of the effort into actually help improve the infrastructure than you do belittling the work of the others who are actually trying to do something about it then pkgsrc would be in a much healthier state.

I'm not going to respond to this thread any further. I am going to continue working on improving pkgsrc. I strongly suggest that all of you who are against this patch for whatever unfounded reasons do the same, and stop wasting the time of everyone subscribed to this list.

Maybe you could start by reviewing my USE_INDIRECT_DEPENDS patch?

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com