Re: lxqt crashing

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 at 16:44, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> On 10/19/23 04:24, Jason Bacon wrote:
> > On 10/18/23 17:08, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> >> As a workaround, I simply added the following to options.mk:
> >>
> >> PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.NetBSD=   pulseaudio
> >>
> >> This will enable pulseaudio on NetBSD by default, which prevents the
> >> crashes on NetBSD 10.  Alsa was already enabled by default on Linux.
> >
> > Not out of the woods, yet.  The shutdown and reboot buttons are grayed
> > out when exiting LXQT.  The fix for this with LXDE was to use
> >
> > exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
> >
> > in Xsession, but this doesn't have any effect with startlxqt, which I
> > think internalized the dbus launch to make it unnecessary.
>
> FYI, the same issue happens on NetBSD 9 if I disable the dbus service.
> Apparently LXQT's dbus child process is not sufficient to enable
> shutdown/reboot.

Thanks for the fix to lxqt-panel for the pulseaudio crash - have sent
nb5 to pkgsrc-pullup@ so we can get a working version in the branch :)

Regarding the dbus hang - have we confirmed whether netbsd-9 packages
on netbsd-10 show the issue? (To absolutely confirm it's a change in
the underlying netbsd-10 behaviour)?

(On a slightly related note the 10.0_2023Q3 amd64 packages are just
uploading now, though unfortunately from the wrong end of a
unremarkable network link :)

Thanks

David