Re: lxqt crashing (Was: NetBSD 10 packages)

On 10/5/23 15:23, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
The alternate workaround is to enable the pulseaudio option for the
lxqt-panel package. The volume plugin then starts on recent NetBSD; I
just confirmed that's the case with 10.99.9. (Now, I'm not offering an
opinion on what the best choice is here feature-wise, only pointing out
that it doesn't kill the panel.)

This was a helpful hint.

As a workaround, I simply added the following to options.mk:

PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.NetBSD=   pulseaudio

This will enable pulseaudio on NetBSD by default, which prevents the
crashes on NetBSD 10.  Alsa was already enabled by default on Linux.

I'm fuzzy on whether lxqt should need an audio plugin at all, but
pulseaudio is enabled unconditionally in lxqt-panel-1.3.0nb3, the
previous working commit, so removing it was what broke the package.