Re: lxqt crashing

On 2023-10-18 19:10, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 10/5/23 15:23, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
The alternate workaround is to enable the pulseaudio option for the
lxqt-panel package. The volume plugin then starts on recent NetBSD; I
just confirmed that's the case with 10.99.9. (Now, I'm not offering an
opinion on what the best choice is here feature-wise, only pointing out
that it doesn't kill the panel.)

This was a helpful hint.

As a workaround, I simply added the following to options.mk:

PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.NetBSD=   pulseaudio

This will enable pulseaudio on NetBSD by default, which prevents the
crashes on NetBSD 10.  Alsa was already enabled by default on Linux.

That's what I would have done, too. :) Thanks.

I'm fuzzy on whether lxqt should need an audio plugin at all, but
pulseaudio is enabled unconditionally in lxqt-panel-1.3.0nb3, the
previous working commit, so removing it was what broke the package.

Well, in order to have a working volume control, the audio plugin is
necessary.

Thanks,

Dave