Re: lxqt crashing

On 10/19/23 04:24, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 10/18/23 17:08, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
As a workaround, I simply added the following to options.mk:

PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.NetBSD=   pulseaudio

This will enable pulseaudio on NetBSD by default, which prevents the
crashes on NetBSD 10.  Alsa was already enabled by default on Linux.

Not out of the woods, yet.  The shutdown and reboot buttons are grayed out when exiting LXQT.  The fix for this with LXDE was to use

exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde

in Xsession, but this doesn't have any effect with startlxqt, which I think internalized the dbus launch to make it unnecessary.

FYI, the same issue happens on NetBSD 9 if I disable the dbus service. Apparently LXQT's dbus child process is not sufficient to enable shutdown/reboot.