Re: dbus ConsoleKit timeouts on lxqt (Was: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 at 23:11, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Same here. Once it starts, it takes some two-three minutes to switch
> workspaces or click and get the menu.
>
> But then on one of my laptops xfce4 completely fails to start - X gets
> killed. Lxde is also very slow. similar to lxqt.
>
> I'll start some rebuilds tomorrow as well.

Just an update that with the latest pkgsrc build I'm no longer seeing
the lxqt slow startup and non responsiveness issues (at one point last
week with a previous build I logged-in in the morning and the task bar
clock was unchanged by the evening :)

How is it for other people?

Just as a heads up for anyone on netbsd-10/amd64, there are
~continually updated binaries from pkgsrc-trunk as part of jperkin's
pkgsrc work at https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-netbsd/

David