Re: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc (was Re: Anyone need a ThinkPad T495{,s}?)

On 6/24/23 10:45, David Brownlee wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jun 2023 at 05:49, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

Currently, LXQT installs with no window manager configured.

When the first-time configuration dialog pops up and the user clicks to
select one, it simply shows every command in /usr/pkg/bin.  This seems a
bit daunting for new users who don't know which commands are window
managers.

So how would people feel about patching LXQT to default to openbox (or
something else if there's a better idea)?  It can always be changed
later by those who know how and care.

Could you check if you have lxqt-session-1.3.0nb3 or later?

If not, could you try dropping in the attached /usr/pkg/bin/startlxqt
to see if it resolves the issue? (First run on startlxqt should show
available window managers, and some missing icons should be shown once
running :)

Thanks

David

Nope, I have 1.2.0nb1.

CVS log:

date: 2023-04-18 07:01:18 -0500;  author: pin;  state: Exp;  lines: +3
-4;  commitid: Ac0g96PqbVVCjAlE;
x11/lxqt-session: update to 1.3.0

https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-netbsd/ states "Packages are built
on the latest development version of NetBSD/amd64 (currently 9.99.98)
from pkgsrc trunk and updated every few days.", so I assumed I had the
latest.  Maybe there's an issue blocking builds, or I'm just
misunderstanding the statement.

The new startlxqt fixes the issue.  The dialog now shows currently
installed WMs.

Thanks...