Re: dbus ConsoleKit timeouts on lxqt (Was: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 at 14:10, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> On 7/12/23 04:30, David Brownlee wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Jul 2023 at 21:11, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> 2. I'm seeing a lot of dbus errors that I didn't see with the previous
> >> package set, like the following:
> >>
> >> Jul 10 14:58:27 netbsd10 dbus-daemon[21332]: [system] Activating service
> >> name='org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit' requested by ':1.0' (uid=2000 pid=4202
> >> comm="ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session") (using
> >> servicehelper)
> >>
> >> Similar for UPower.
> >>
> >> LXQT is very slow to start up, apparently as a result of the timeouts.

Same here. Once it starts, it takes some two-three minutes to switch
workspaces or click and get the menu.

But then on one of my laptops xfce4 completely fails to start - X gets
killed. Lxde is also very slow. similar to lxqt.

I'll start some rebuilds tomorrow as well.

----