Re: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc (was Re: Anyone need a ThinkPad T495{,s}?)

On 6/25/23 09:04, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 6/24/23 10:45, David Brownlee wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jun 2023 at 05:49, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

Currently, LXQT installs with no window manager configured.

When the first-time configuration dialog pops up and the user clicks to
select one, it simply shows every command in /usr/pkg/bin.  This seems a
bit daunting for new users who don't know which commands are window
managers.

So how would people feel about patching LXQT to default to openbox (or
something else if there's a better idea)?  It can always be changed
later by those who know how and care.

Could you check if you have lxqt-session-1.3.0nb3 or later?

If not, could you try dropping in the attached /usr/pkg/bin/startlxqt
to see if it resolves the issue? (First run on startlxqt should show
available window managers, and some missing icons should be shown once
running :)

Thanks

David

Nope, I have 1.2.0nb1.

CVS log:

date: 2023-04-18 07:01:18 -0500;  author: pin;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -4;  commitid: Ac0g96PqbVVCjAlE;
x11/lxqt-session: update to 1.3.0

https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-netbsd/ states "Packages are built on the latest development version of NetBSD/amd64 (currently 9.99.98) from pkgsrc trunk and updated every few days.", so I assumed I had the latest.  Maybe there's an issue blocking builds, or I'm just misunderstanding the statement.

The new startlxqt fixes the issue.  The dialog now shows currently installed WMs.

Thanks...

And yes, no blank icons anymore.