Re: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc (was Re: Anyone need a ThinkPad T495{,s}?)

On 6/25/23 09:42, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
* On 2023-06-25 at 15:04 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-netbsd/ states "Packages are built
on the latest development version of NetBSD/amd64 (currently 9.99.98)
from pkgsrc trunk and updated every few days.", so I assumed I had the
latest.  Maybe there's an issue blocking builds, or I'm just
misunderstanding the statement.

No, sorry, that's on me to update it to the current state of reality.
Despite running in a VM with far more resources than the daily Linux
pkgsrc-el7 builds (16 CPUs 64GB RAM vs 8CPU/16GB), the NetBSD 10.0_BETA one is unable to complete a full build without crashing and so I have to restart it manually every time, and I just haven't gotten around to doing that recently.  It also takes about 4x longer.

I've kicked off another one now, we'll see how far it gets.

I see, thanks for your efforts. Do you mean the VM is crashing, or just the bulk build?