Re: Replacement/Reinstatement for x11/gdm needed

https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=56294

> If it is maintained, it would be great to include it into pkgsrc again.

Well, "unlikely to work" is not really a justification for removal.   We
in theory base removal decisions  on a balance between usefulness and
maintenance effort.  However, it sounds like the package of gdm was very
out of date and more modern gnome uses a newer version.

Can you explain which version of gdm you are using, and what you are
using it with?   By 'which version' please explain the gnome versioning
world enough so that people who stopped paying attention can follow.

> Otherwise i have to make up my mind of adding it to wip.

Things happen when people who care do them.   If you are resurrecting
the last known state that's not so hard.