Re: Replacement/Reinstatement for x11/gdm needed

Hi Connor,

If I recall correctly we asked for comments when removing
`x11/gdm` (version 2.xx) and we didn't find anyone still
interested in at the time. The plan was to eventually import
a new version of GDM, but unfortunately I never got to finish it.
(It worked in fact at the time, but I wasn't confident about
importing it to the stable branch due to insufficient testing)

You can find both `wip/gdm2` (version 2.xx) and `wip/gdm` (version 40.xx)
in pkgsrc-wip.
I'm happy to help with improving `wip/gdm`. Version 2 is,
however, long abandoned upstream. As others have mentioned
in this thread, pkgsrc has alternatives that might be more suitable.

Best,
Dan