Re: Replacement/Reinstatement for x11/gdm needed

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> You are welcome to add it to pkgsrc-wip, where we don't have any of
> those pesky quality rules.  If you are able to work out the issues and
> especially if you become the new upstream and it's maintained, we can
> talk about adding it back.  See
>
>   https://pkgsrc.org/wip/
>
> which includes instructions for asking for commit access.

It looks maintained.  I have lost track of gnome2 vs gnome3 vs mate vs
gnome 44, sorry.  (I use to run gnome but switched to xfce.  Ah for the
days of uwm and X10!).

I don't know what's up, but my top-level point is that you can create a
package in wip.  That's then useful for you, and it makes it easier for
people with commit access to review, help, and perhaps hoist it to
pkgsrc.